Downloading & Installing JDK 1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8
- Go to link: JDK download
- Click on the radio button “Accept License Agreement” in the “Java SE Development Kit 8u121” list or table.
- Select JDK file in accordance with Operating System which you are using or about to use.
- Run the downloaded file & install JDK. [ keep the destination default only ]
- After installing JDK go to the folder where JDK file is stored & copy the destination. The destination would be like “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_111\bin”.
Now if you go to command prompt & type “Javac” it will show as ” ‘Javac’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file” which means we haven’t set path environment variable.
Set Path Environment Variable
- Go to Desktop
- Double Click on My Computer
- Click on System Properties in the toolbar
- Click on Advanced System Setting in the left sidebar. [A new window of system properties will be displayed]
- Click on Environment Variables.
- In the User Variable window the will be a variable column select Path.
- Click on Edit button & paste the copied path in the variable value.
- Click on OK button.
- Now go to Command Prompt & type “Javac”.[ A long list will be displayed ]